So I found this dress in my clean out which doesn’t look as good on as it should.
I love the detail around the bust but the rest is just unflattering on me.
So to start I cut all of the smocking off…
and cut the seams out too so I could make it more “waist” width rather than “bust” width.
And then sewed the side seams back with an overlocker.
At this point I needed to decide what to do with the top seam. I didn’t really want to hem it and make it bulkier so decided to just overlock the top and bottom seams too.
Right way out:
I didn’t have any black thread on hand so I did it in white and went over it twice to make it a more dense featured white. I thought about adding some detailed embroidery in white with little beads but it got lost somewhere in my “half finished” pile >_< I’ll get around to it eventually… maybe 😀