So my Mum bought me this cute little calculator for Christmas as something to deco, how could I say no to a challenge like that XD
The parts I used are mostly from The Sticker Monsterwho is beyond awesome! People always ask me where I get deco parts from and I always give the following answers:
All of those places ship internationally and all of them are full of awesome stuff so no more questions about that XD
First thing I did was put together a basic design by laying out the main pieces on the calculator…
I transfered the flowers to the side while keeping the design in tact so I could see what needed to go where. Then one by one I glued them in place.
Now let’s talk about glue. Again another question I get at least once a week is about the glue that I use. Glue which can be used for deco:
- 99% of the time I use epoxy glue. It comes in 2 parts which are mixed together. This stuff is hard as nails and once you glue things with it they aren’t coming off so make sure you’re sure before you glue.
- E9000. I haven’t used this but many other people recommend it.
- Clear nail polish/super glue. Only useful on false nail. They don’t hold very well so if you use them on a phone or whatever it’s not going to last.
- Hot glue. No. This is not good for deco. Not only is it not durable enough but you will probably burn yourself and also it doesn’t stick well to flat smooth surfaces.
- Jewels that come with sticky backs. Meh they are ok but eventually the sticky loses it’s stick and they either peel off or you will lose the jewel. Generally I peel the sticky off first then epoxy them down or just use them on things that won’t get knocked around like this calculator.
So after gluing down the flowers I started adding larger jewels around the edges of the buttons…
Then smaller jewels, stars etc…
And I just really kept going until I felt there was enough. Done!
This is the kind of deco that only takes a few minutes especially if you’re using sticky back jewels ^_^
Of course you probably shouldn’t let your boyfriend take the before/after shots -_-‘
I haven’t decided if this is finished yet, I might continue the deco around the other other side but I’m more focused on my next big project… my laptop. I’ve finally settled on a new design for it so I just need to get off my butt and get some parts now 😀