This is another dress re-make I did a while ago ^_^ Originally I bought this dress at a thrift store for like $8 and I loved it to death because it was super comfy as well as being nice and cool for Summer. Unfortunately there are only so many times you can repare something so when the strap broke for the millionth time I took it as a sign it was time for a re-make. Then I left it sitting in my sewing pile for 2 years because I’m lazy.
I still love the skirt part, looks especially good with big dramatic heels, so I chopped off the top.
I picked out some nice stretchy white cotton and used a singlet I knew fit well as a template.
I cut out two pieces like this:
I overlocked the sides and around all the raw edges.
Next it was sewing the two pieces together.
As you can see there is a fairly noticable colour difference between the new fabric and the old, such is life unfortunately but after giving the whole thing (minus the coloured parts at the bottom) a nice dunking in some bleach it all matches again. I have also been considering dying it a completely different colour but can’t decide which one!
Anyway back to the actual sewing part…
I used some eyelet lace to edge the top section on the sides:
Then after measuring the length I used the eyelet lace as straps and for the front section edging as well:
So that’s it! Another nice comfy dress saved and reworked to something more current-wardrobe friendly ^_^
And here is what it looks like on. Zombie dress rises from the dead to live again!!
I haven’t bleached or dyed it yet but once the rain lets up I think that’s my next project ^_^
Hope you enjoyed the remake ^_^