Personal code of ethics:
- I have a lot of younger readers so I try to keep things here reasonably friendly for all ages.
- I always disclose if a product was sent for review or bought within the post.
- While I do accept advertising on this blog I will always try to make it something actually worth reading by putting my personal style on it.
- This is first and foremost a personal blog and as such represents my views.
- All advertising must be approved by me including images, alt text and links. I will not approve something I think is completely irrelevant, not age appropriate for my readership (eg. online gambling, adult website etc) or I don’t personally agree with.
- Positive reviews are not guaranteed whether the review subjects are bought or provided.
- Reviews are 100% my honest opinions, negative aspects are not glossed over. Reviews are based on personal opinions and experiences.
- Sending items does not guarantee reviews or mentions unless previously discussed.
- I do not post information I do not personally agree with.
- All information not written by me will be clearly marked as quotations.
- If there is a disagreement over content I retain the right not to publish the post.
- I do not post press releases.
- Inviting me to an event or providing gift bags does not guarantee coverage on this site.
- I take James to all events I attend to take professional photos for me, I understand this is not appropriate for all events so please let me know if this will be a problem so I can make arrangements ahead of time.
- Mentions of events are 100% my own thoughts and both the good and bad will be included.
Privacy and disclaimer policy:
This policy is valid from 12 December 2009 onwards.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me, Violet LeBeaux. For questions about this blog, please contact Violet ([email protected]).
This blog is based in Australia and is subject to its laws.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.
Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
I will not sell or use any information you leave here in dodgy ways. If you are concerned about any information you have stored here just send me an email 🙂
Notice Regarding Online Behavioural Advertising
We allow third party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioural advertising practice visit the NAI at http://www.networkadvertising.org. To
opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Why do you accept Sponsored Posts?
I absolutely value you all as readers and I especially value the trust you put in me as a blogger so I will always do my best to be upfront about anything I earn from this website.
I spend countless hours a day working on this site and there is a lot of time and effort that goes into every single post. Tutorials take a long time to complete and all of the time I spend on the blog is time I’m not doing other things. Unfortunately life means I still have to do boring things like pay my rent and eat. Accepting sponsored posts sometimes means I can spend more time writing and thinking of tutorials without starving to death. Trust me, hungry girls can’t think of good tutorials!
What kind of Sponsorships do you take?
I offer advertising space on my side bar, full advertorial posts and sometimes review posts. I sometimes accept brand ambassadorships too but only with brands I really love.
Why should I, as a reader, bother to look at your Sponsored Posts?
Well the nice reason is that you should do it out of respect for the fact that I provide so many interesting (I hope) posts and tutorials for free… but in reality I understand that most people couldn’t care less about that so more realistically: when I am doing a paid post I try extra hard to make it relevant and super interesting.
How can I trust your opinion in a review of a product if I know you’ve been paid to give it?
I am always completely honest in my reviews etc. I will ALWAYS tell you about the bad with the good. Everything I write is always *MY* opinion. Honestly is a key part of my blog and your trust as readers is absolutely the most important thing to me. That’s why I reply to every single comment and every single email sent to me 🙂
Do you take *any* sponsorships or is there a limit?
No. I only accept advertising that is relevant to mine and my readers interests. For example, I may write about make up… but not Russian brides.
Are you just in this for the millions of dollars you must be earning?
No. The advertising revenue I get in comparison to the number of hours a week makes this one of the lowest payed jobs I’ve ever had. I wouldn’t still be here this many years later if I didn’t have an actual passion and love for what I do. I would be here doing the same thing regardless of whether I was being paid or if I had a day job.
Can I ask you a questions specific to your advertising policies?
Yes, I try to run this site as openly as possible. Just leave your question the comments or email me🙂
- Anything you do in relation to this website is at your own risk, this includes any tutorials or competitions.
- Results shown are dependant on several factors and are not guaranteed.
- I am not responsible for individual results.
- Information on this site should not be used in substitution of professional advice.
- All reviews are personal opinion.
- Tutorials are provided for personal use only.
- Tutorials MAY NOT be used for profit.
- Commercial licenses may be granted with written permission only by contacting via email.
- Material on this site is copyright. Do not steal my tutorials and photos to post on your own website. I will send DMCA take down notices along with invoices for usage.
Everything on this website is copyright to Blue Crane Design unless otherwise noted.
I work hard to create content for this website so don’t disrespect me by stealing articles or images.
If you would like to syndicate or reproduce anything on this website please just contact me, I’m really quite a nice person.
All tutorials are provided for personal use only and works remain copyright property of Blue Crane Design.
Do not post my images or content without express written permission. Email me first! If you steal from this website I will use my full rights under the law to recover compensation so expect to receive an invoice.
General Competition Terms and Conditions:
These are general terms and conditions for all competitions on this website. Additional terms and conditions will be posted on each individual competition page.
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is Violet LeBeaux PO BOX 372, Collins St West, Vic 8007, Australia (“Promoter”).
3. The Promotion will be open for the amount of time specified on the associated blog post (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date & entries sent after this time will not be considered.
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents, aged 14 years and over, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prize), and their immediate families (“Eligible Entrants”). Entry is also open to international residents where this competition is not legally prohibited UNLESS otherwise stated on the competition page.
5. In order to enter the competition participants need to leave a comment on the blog post relevant to the competition on http://www.violetlebeaux.com . The comment must include their preferred contact method in case they win [blog URL, Twitter or E-mail Address].
6. One (1) winner will be chosen per competition. There will be one (1) winner in total per competition. Violet LeBeaux will judge the winner. The winner will be the entry deemed most creative in response to the question asked in the particular blog post.
7. Timeframes for entry and drawing of the winner will be listed on the individual competition pages.
8. The prize will be listed on the relevant blog post for the competition.
9. The winners will be the entries deemed most creative by the judges.
10. The judges’ decision (including any decisions as to prize distribution) is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
11. The winners will be notified via their preferred contact method, and will be asked to provide their email and address at that time.
12. To claim the prize, the winners must reply to the winner notification and accept the prize within 7 days of the winners notification, as well as indicate their preferred address for the the prize to be sent. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, they will forfeit the prize.
13. The winners may be published on the Violet LeBeaux blog, the Violet LeBeaux Facebook page, Twitter account or other social media platforms. Violet LeBeaux also reserve the right to publish the results, including a photo of the winner, in the media.
14. Violet LeBeaux’s business directors, management and employees, their immediate families, their retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible.
15. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes. Prizes are posted via Australia Post, standard airmail or courier as stated on the blog post. Once Australia Post take possession of the package the Promoter is no longer liable for damage or if it goes missing.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
17. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Blogs, Facebook, Forum & Twitter if the Promotion is conducted via a Facebook Platform, Blogs, Forum & Twitter) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
18. Violet LeBeaux reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice. If any changes are made Violet LeBeaux will notify the public via its website.
19. Where applicable, import duty of the prize is the responsibility of the winner.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
All comments will be replied to even if I’m not super quick to do so. Please be respectful that this is my personal website and anything you say here reflects on me.
I do not allow anything:
I’m happy to have comments which disagree with my opinion or constructive criticism so long as it is actually constructive not just personal attacks. I do not allow anything that constitutes cyber bullying.
Also, no link bombing, it’s just rude! Don’t advertise in the comments section. If you leave excessive links I will edit your comments to remove them. If you leave spammy looking comments, expect them to go into my spam folder.
Please remember this is my personal blog and being a jerk really does just make you look a bit silly!
I will leave a note whenever I edit a comment so everything is transparent.