Hi lovely readers!
I’m very excited to announce the finalists for my Celebration Give Away 😀 I couldn’t believe how many people entered and the quality of the entries made it really hard for me to choose the 3 for you to vote on, I even had to ask James to help me! So without further ado…
Stargirl Heuser says:
Calling all princesses! VioletLeBeaux.com features everything a girl needs to be a princess, without breaking the bank! Creative, step-by-step tutorials show you how to use a couple gems and a bit of lace to turn everyday blah into something fit for a princess!
A blog dedicated to the frillier side of life, focusing on beautifying yourself and the world around you. Learn to customize and create clothing to your liking, decorate your living space, and be inspired by the luxurious “hime gyaru” look from Japan.
Brigitte Pernia says:
My blog? Well, it’s unique. There’s no other one like it. It’s creative, artistic, and entertaining. A place where all girls of all ages can come to, to find their inner princess. From tutorials, to sharing my personal life, violetlebeaux.com is the place where all things are possible.
So to vote please use the poll below or on the side bar. I will be leaving it up until Midnight my time next Wednesday. Only votes in the poll will be counted so make sure to cast yours!
Thanks so much for all the time you guys took to enter!
Good luck everyone!!
*EDIT* A couple of people have let me know that they can’t see the poll. It’s a Java Script poll so please make sure that you have all the latest versions of your software/browser etc and make sure your firewall isn’t blocking java. I am looking for a non-java solution to this so you can all vote so please be patient. */EDIT*
*EDIT 2* Ok.. Hopefully this will solve the problem. I have added a html poll below so that fingers crossed everyone will be able to see it. If you are unable to vote in the Nuffnang poll please vote below. If you can see the Nuffnang poll please use that. At the end of the time I will add the results together and find the winner. Apologies if this seems a little convoluted but I want to allow everyone the chance to vote to keep it fair. I will release the total number of results and statistics with the winner announcement. */EDIT*
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!!!
Thank you for voting, winner will be announced tomorrow 🙂
Just a quick note tonight…
That’s right there is a Nuffnang blogger meet up happening in Melbourne and Penny from Jeroxie (Addictive & Consuming) and I are organizing it ^_^
So if you happen to be in Melbourne and you looooove chocolate as much as I do you should come and join us at Koko Black in Collins Street at 1:30pm Saturday the 24th of July.
If you would like to come along please RSVP here: A bit of chocolate heaven at Koko Black so we can keep track of everyone.
I’m hoping this will be a really good chance to meet a lot of you lovely people in real life instead of from behind the keyboard and because it’s a bigger event hopefully you won’t be too shy to come and say hello ^_^
We hope to see as many of you as possible on the day! 🙂
Let me know if you’re coming so I can look out for you!
I was planning another big tutorial yesterday but a lot of things happened which made me very upset and frankly not in a mood to blog at all.
It has come to my attention over the last few days several unscrupulous people have been stealing my work from this site. A couple of you wonderful readers have emailed me and left comments about others online taking parts of my blog, be it photos, writing or whatever else and claiming it as their own and I’ve had about enough of it.
Unless otherwise stated, everything on this site is done by me and is copyrighted to me.It makes me so sad because I put hours and hours and hours a week into writing, making and thinking up content for this site. The tutorials not only take hours to make and photograph but there is then the editing, uploading, inserting, writing, editing and replying to everyone. It makes me really upset when some people think it’s ok to just take something that I’ve spent so much time working on 🙁
This is not just an isolated incident either, I have found my content in several different locations that have not been authorized.
I absolutely want you all to feel comfortable doing my tutorials and to get inspiration from my site but there is a difference between inspiration and taking something I’ve created and claiming it as your own. For example, taking my photos, cropping my watermark out, adding your watermark and saying you did it IS NOT OK! Pretending you created something that I did IS NOT OK. Writing almost the exact same tutorial that I’ve specifically created and posting almost photo for photo copies and claiming you came up with the idea IS NOT OK.
I am more than happy for people to use my images in posts which are related to my work but ONLY IF YOU ASK PERMISSION FIRST. It is just common courtesy and not at all hard to do. I have a contact page and an email account which I can be easily reached at. And it’s not just images that have been finding their way around the net under the guise of other people’s work. So let me say again IT’S NOT OK TO TAKE MY WORK AND PASS IT OFF AS YOUR OWN.
This blog is supposed to be about creativity and inspiration, please be inspired to create something beautiful of your own rather than stealing it.
If you see something that I’ve created somewhere other than this blog PLEASE let me know 🙁
Have any of you other lovely bloggers had this happen before? What did you do about it?
Ok clearly I haven’t been cam-whoring enough lately because you girls have actually been asking for outfit photos!
I suppose I have been doing a lot of crafts XD
I think it’s because I’m trying to use up a lot of my supplies before we move so I don’t have to bring them with me!
So a couple of weeks ago Nuffnang threw James and I a going-away party 😀
This was my outfit for the night…
I hope you weren’t too distracted from the outfit by the hideous carpet!
Outfit details:Shirt- Nuffnang- “I’m famous in the blogosphere”- modified by me Skirt- Vintage from Blue Velvet Vintage Shoes- Bodyline Stockings- Myer Bow- Made by me Jewelery- random
Heehee I made a new hair bow from the left overs of the Nuffnang shirt, it says “We <3 Bloggers”!
Of course it was a fairly small turn out because for some reason Brisbane bloggers don’t like hanging out! We had a blast though! Below left to right is Wouter, me, Tash and James is taking the photo.
I’ve been trying to take more effort with my make up lately too and try out looks I wouldn’t normally wear. The next day I tried out this purple/pink eyeshadow combination and I really like it!
I’m loving anything with glitter in it at the moment ^_^
I’m wearing my green lenses here. I love how much they contrast!
And one without the flash to show the sparkles:
The biggest news I have today is that in 10 days James and I are moving down to Melbourne! EXCITING!
What this means is that for the week leading up to leaving and the week we get there I am going to be crazy busy trying to find an apartment and setting everything up there. I’m still going to be posting as usual and I’ll schedule posts for when we’re driving down but it means I won’t be able to reply to comments and emails as quickly as I do now because we won’t have as stable internet.
Don’t worry I promise I will answer every single comment and email eventually, it will just take me a little while!
It’s a really big move for us and hopefully it will lead to lots and lots of really exciting things in the future so please bear with me for now! We are driving all the way down so I’ll bet there are going to be lots of silly road trip photos and videos for you soon 😛
Have you guys ever moved city before? It’s a bit scary, I think I need a moving cities outfit 😉
So by now you’ve probably noticed the little changes I’ve bee making to the website. My aim is to make it easier to read and nicer for you guys!
These are the changes that I’ve made so far:
- Widened the middle column so there is more room for the post and bigger pictures
- Changed the fonts to a more readable colour and size
- Changed the middle column background colour to make it more readable
- Changed the header’s colours to make the site brighter and more readable
- Widened the side bars slightly so I can add some more bits and pieces
- Added a new page called “Snapshots” which is a gallery of my favorite photos in the categories Outfits, Nail Art, Deco and Crafts. This way if you just want some quick inspiration you don’t need to look through a bunch of posts ^_^
- Added a new page called “Violet Vision” to keep a compiled list of all of my videos in one place. I still need to add a couple of videos to that section this week.
- Did a lot of work on the back end of things to make the site run quicker and more efficiently. It’s never going to be the quickest site on the web due to all the pictures but with the work I’m putting in it should load in a reasonable amount of time.
- Added a mobile version of the website. Now if you are logging on to the site with an iPhone/Blackberry/Other smart phone you won’t have to wait forever for the site to load, you should see a cut down version with minimum formatting. All of the pictures inside the posts should be in tact just smaller and more optimized for your phone ^_^ If you don’t like it you can turn it off at the bottom of the screen and view normally.
One cool thing you can do if you have an iPhone is actually make a bookmark which appears as an App on your home screen 😀 When you’re on the site just tap the “+” icon on the bottom and click “Add to Home Screen”. It will add a cute little button with my logo to your other apps and next time you want to visit instead of going through Safari, just click the app!
- Moved the Search page at the top to within the FAQ page as no one ever used it. I will also be adding a smaller search section to the side bar so it can be seen from every page later this week.
I think that about covers most of the issues we talked about in the poll the other day, if you have any other comments of suggestions just let me know in the comments.
On a complete side note, I’ve just gotten a LookBook.nu account so if you’ve got an account come and friend me 😀
So what do you guys think? Also tomorrow post is going to finally be the tutorial on the hairstyle from the above outfit… I know you’ve all been waiting for that!!
Evening everyone! Ok so tonight I’ve just got a couple of things to take care of before we get back to regular posting tomorrow.
- Firstly remember I did a review on Skin MD moisturiser a few months back? A lot of you had questions about where it was available and if it would be available in Australia any time soon. Well they currently don’t have plans to stock in physical stores in Australia but they do ship internationally. The only thing with this is that a bottle costs $18 and the shipping is another $9.95 which is not exactly cheap when you haven’t used the product before 🙁
Violet to the rescue of your bank balances!
If you want to order and you enter the promotional code “VIOLET” you will receive 20% off your order!
I know I’m going to be stocking up 😀
- Secondly my blog has also been featured on lots of other blogs lately !
I did an interview with Pretty Wonderland about blogging.
I was featured on All Women Stalk in the post 7 Great Fashion Blogs.
I was featured in a “blogs we love” post on The Beauty Stop.
Tabby over at Life of Mine wrote this adorable post about me.
I’ve also been receiving some lovely emails from you all and I just wanted to say thank you all for continuing to read my blog. I hope I can make it even better in the future!
- Following on from that in an effort to make things even better around here I’m going to be making a couple of changes. Nothing major, just a few things here and there so please don’t mind as I tinker with the site. If something doesn’t work please let me know and I will fix it up! If there is something that you want to see on the website I’ll be putting up a little poll so you can have your say ^_^
- There is also a competition coming up for you all to look forward to!
Lots of love!