So for our Blairgowrie trip last year one of my knitting projects was this tea cosyp1050075

I made it holding 2 strands together, one of some generic mustard acrylic and one of my first batch of handpsun alpaca. Frankly the handspun was pretty crappy but it was one of the first BIG lots of spinning that I had ever done so it taught me a lot about technique. In fact when I ran out early and had to whip up some more, the new batch was so much nicer that there was actually a visible texture change in the tea cosy towards the top haha.


You can really see the difference in my skill level from above to below!


Luckily knitting will hide all manner of spinning mistakes so when it was all done it actually didn’t look half bad!

I did highly regret trying to do this on straight wooden needles that were not long enough and really not big enough. I was so worried about snapping one of them the whole time and this is really what pushed me into getting a nice carbon circular set!

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.