Ever since I did my first sewing tutorial on this blog I’ve had comments, emails and requests asking for a beginners guide to sewing. Well after some proper thought planning out it starts today!
Mondays will now be Sewing 101 days… though Sewing 101 is such a lame name for a series so if you have any other suggestions please leave them in the comments! I’m so bad at coming up with names for things!!
Today being the first day I wanted to give the option for you guys to see what I have planned and tell me what you actually want to learn. Is there a particular thing you want to make as your first project? Do you have a burning question about bobbins? Do you want to learn how to ruffle so you can sew your own Lolita skirts? Let me know in the comments so I can tailor things as we go!
Currently the post schedule looks like this:
- What do you want to learn?
- Getting to know your sewing machine/tools of the trade you need.
- Sewing a dress start to finish, showing you the process (then we go into detail of each step later)
- How to thread your sewing machine.
- Basic stitches and concepts you need to understand
- Voting on a first project (I’ll put up 3 and the one with the most votes will be our first project)
- First project start to finish.
- Ruffles, darts and pin tucks oh my!
- How to draft a basic dress pattern.
- Basic shapes=basic clothes.
- More sewing projects to try… in fact I guess this continues until we all get bored of sewing and want to try something else!
So what do you guys suggest? Do you prefer things in video format or photos? I personally think this will suit photos more as it can be harder to watch videos while you’re actually *doing* stuff. Let me know your suggestions and let’s get sewing together!