Meet Quinn my new mannequin ^_^ She was a gift from an extremely lovely friend and she’s allowing me to do a whoooole lot more sewing! I’m so excited to work on more sewing projects.

I’m planning to do a tutorial as I customise her to my exact measurements as well which should be really fun!



The first project that I decided to do using Quinn was remaking a dress I got from DreamV into a skirt and blouse set.

This was the dress originally:




It was a really pretty dress but they were out of smalls so I ordered a large and it just didn’t sit the way I wanted it to. So goodbye dress and hello skirt and top!

Luckily, ordering a bigger size was really a good idea because it gave me a lot more room to work with the fabric.

First thing I did was carefully cut around the seem connecting the blouse part tot the skirt to separate them. I then hemmed the bottom of the blouse.




Seriously, it was about 5 minutes worth of work.

Here it is with a high waisted skirt:


The skirt had a little more work in it. I made an incision in the waist and shortened the elastic so it was actually the correct size for my waist. I then sewed it back up and hemmed the top.





Now I have a much more versatile set that can be worn together or separately like this in a much more flattering way:


It’s been great getting to some of the things which have been in my sewing pile for waaaay too long. Hopefully I can do some more serious stash busting soon! I will be doing a lot more sewing from scratch as well so if there’s something you’d all like to see let me know ^_^


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.