It’s all workworkwork around here ^_^
I’ve been progressing with the clean ups and updates to the site. This week I have made the following changes:
- Updated the Tutorials page to include all tutorials up until today.
- Updated the Snaps page with all new videos. Also updated all of the galleries with about 50+ new photos
- Completely overhauled the FAQ page. Now everything is divided into categories with drop down answers for much easier browsing. Removed the search area as no one used it, please use the side bar search now.
- Completely overhauled the Links page. Again, now everything is in drop down categories and alphabetical order. I have added a huge amount of links to blogs I’m currently reading. I am hoping to update this every few months now.
- Please note that the shop is currently undergoing maintenance to make browsing easier so it will be out of commission probably until next week.
- Minor updates were made to the About and Sponsors pages.
- A new form was installed on the Contact page as the old one was accepting messages but not delivering them to me >_<
- Back end changes were also made to reduce general load times of the site.
So what’s coming next? Over the next week I will be making these changes:
- New updated banner image to match the new background.
- Shop updates to make browsing easier, new checkout system and new items added.
- New drop down system for posts.This one is probably the most important one as it will effect browsing. Basically what I am planning to do to all of my posts is create a drop down effect so everything loads much quicker for those who don’t have as fast internet. This will also mean that you will be able to view more posts on the front page of the site. It will not be like traditional blog excerpts as you won’t need to click to a separate page to read the full post. When you click the link, the rest of the post will drop down below it. Hopefully this makes it less annoying and quicker to load!This will be the same on the permalink pages of posts as well so that if you have read the post on the main page (as according to my stats, most people do) and then click to leave a comment you now won’t have to scroll down through the whole thing again. Each post will have a teaser image before the drop down so you can get an idea of what the post is about and if you want to read it.
Here is an example of what the typical post will look like soon ^_^
I have been playing around with my monogram a whole lot lately. I drew it a couple of months ago but never really put it on anything.
I decided to try to use it a bit more because I really like it so I made a wallpaper for my laptop. Haha now I can stare at myself all day woohoo self involvement! XD
And so there you go. This is an example of a drop down post! If you don’t want to see the post anymore, you can click the drop down button again and it will collapse. Nice and Simple!
I hope you enjoy the updates and it makes things easier for everyone to use. Please let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns ^_^